:: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common founda…
Author: Adam Ford
To: Tony Lindgren
CC: H. Nikolaus Schaller, Merlijn Wajer, Paweł Chmiel, Philipp Rossak, moaz korena, Ivaylo Dimitrov, Filip Matijević, Tomi Valkeinen, linux-omap, kernel, Discussions about the Letux Kernel, maemo-leste, Linux Kernel Mailing List
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common foundation to make PVR/SGX work without hacks on OMAP34xx, OMAP36xx, AM335x and potentially OMAP4, OMAP5
On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 2:03 AM Tony Lindgren <tony@???> wrote:

> * Adam Ford <aford173@???> [190816 23:02]:
> > On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 8:16 AM Tony Lindgren <tony@???> wrote:
> > > Well I just posted some sgx interconnect target module patches. We might
> > > still have them in v5.4 assuming people manage to review and test them.
> >
> > Nikolaus,
> >
> > I tested Tony's change and I can confirm that I can read the value
> > when enabled. Should I apply his patches to your branch before I
> > test, or is it go too to go as-is? I've got an AM3517, OMAP35 and a
> > DM3730. I am not sure if the AM3517 is even on the radar, but it has
> > an sgx530 as well.
>
> My estimate is am3517 is wired the same way as omap34xx with a 60%
> chance, then 30% chance it's wired the same way as omap36xx, and then
> 10% chance for similar wiring to am335x.. So hopefully that leaves 0%
> chance for yet something different for it's wiring :)

Based on [1], I went under the assumption it was wired like the
omap34xx. I applied your omap34 patches to the am3517.dtsi, and I was
able to get the same response as I did for the omap3530. Do you want
me to post the patches to the mailing list, or do you want to do it?

adam

[1] - http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/GSG:_AM35x_and_OMAP35x_Rebuilding_the_Software#How_to_check_for_SGX_core_revision