:: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common founda…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: H. Nikolaus Schaller
CC: Paweł Chmiel, Tony Lindgren, Philipp Rossak, linux-omap, Ivaylo Dimitrov, moaz korena, Filip Matijević, kernel, Discussions about the Letux Kernel, Adam Ford, Tomi Valkeinen, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common foundation to make PVR/SGX work without hacks on OMAP34xx, OMAP36xx, AM335x and potentially OMAP4, OMAP5
Hi,

>> Am 10.03.2019 um 00:14 schrieb Merlijn Wajer <merlijn@???>:
>>
>> Hi,

>>> I'll take a look into it especially how omaplfb is done.
>>>
>>> First observation is that there is a "flat" tree while I am working on a structured one...
>>> But that is just a marginal difference (mainly significant for Makefile writers).
>>
>> I've ported the Maemo Leste kernel + pvr to 5.0 and it seems to work:
>> https://github.com/maemo-leste/n9xx-linux/commits/pvr-wip-5.0.y
>>
>> Should I add this as maemo-leste-n900-5.0 branch (or something) to
>> https://github.com/openpvrsgx-devgroup/linux_openpvrsgx ?
>
> Yes, that would be nice to be able to easily compare stuff.

I've just pushed the Maemo Leste v5.1 branch + patches here:

    https://github.com/openpvrsgx-devgroup/linux_openpvrsgx/tree/n900/v5.1-patch

This works on N900 with X, but it doesn't use DRM yet. I'm wondering
what a next logical step would be: to try and modules to load/probe on
another device (I have a droid4 or a Pandaboard ES rev B1), or to try
and get DRM PowerVR to work on the N900, with omapdrmfb and dri3wsegl.

For either path, I'll probably need some help. Any updates from anyone
else? Maybe we should list things people can work - perhaps document
progress in github issues. (Mailing list is also fine, BTW)

Cheers,
Merlijn