:: Re: [devuan-dev] Getting Beowulf re…
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Getting Beowulf released.
hi Dan,

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019, Daniel Reurich wrote:

> Just to let you all know, I'm back at the office on my regular schedule
> after an all too short 10 days away, and I'm itching to get beowulf
> released.

me too!

> Can we get a run down of all the outstanding tasks and bugs that need to
> be addressed to get Beowulf released.

palinuro has patiently addressed the rebasing issue so the grub
package is here https://git.devuan.org/palinuro/grub2/commits/master

i've been following a bit and seems that when importing the dsc with
gbp a lot of dirt comes in the commit, wondering if we can avoid gbp,
however so far this is the cleanest possible rebase of his patches.
This is a great contribution for us in this moment given the state of
grub2 and its complexity. Also palinuro being a developer of
ParrotOS... means that this great, mostly forensic-oriented distro
may move to Devuan, which makes sense given the security implications
of systemd.

Palinuro also mentioned to me he can dedicate time to debian-installer
next, on which he has good experience.

other than that, we have a fully packaged new candidate for more init
freedom in Devuan and that is the 66 wrapper by Obarun, packaged for
us by Danyspin https://git.devuan.org/66-devuan anyone who can give it
a try, please do and share your experience, it would be great for
DEvuan Beowulf to sport another choice, Skarnet has done outstanding
work on s6!

last not least we are almost done with the new website plan for
devuan.pro and andrea will run some questions around for those of us
running businesses that can be included.

I'll do my best to join next wednesday however keeping updated via
email on most important things seems the best option to me due to all
things happening in life... many and beautiful for me and hope for you
too. ciao!