:: Re: [DNG] ..so Debian is Busting po…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..so Debian is Busting postgresql, evolution-ews inboxes and history itself?, was: Runit service depend another script not daemon
On Mon, 08 Jul 2019 11:00:27 +0200, Martin wrote in message
<9089233.Yakf2O1BWr@merkaba>:

> Arnt Karlsen - 07.07.19, 16:29:
> > ..another motive in town?:
> > 5.3.7. evolution-ews has been dropped, AND EMAIL INBOXES USING
> > EXCHANGE, OFFICE365 OR OUTLOOK SERVER WILL BE REMOVED:
> > https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/release-notes/ch-informat
> > ion.en.html#evolution-and-exchange
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=926712#19
>
> The alternative would be to include an evolution-ews plugin that does
> not check for any TLS errors nor verifies certificates.
>
> I certainly can understand the decision to remove the package from
> testing.
>
> Its also mentioned in the release notes:
>
> https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.de.html#evolution-and-exchange
>
> Maybe it would have been good to delay the release…

..agreed, I suspect the Raspbian Buster release to support
the Raspberry Pi 4, became a factor.

> but on the other
> hand: I would not recommend to anyone using Office 365. Unfortunately
> at work I am not given a choice.
>
> Also it could probably be added back later at least as backport.

..meanwhile, it appears we have a profitable data recovery etc support
business opportunity handy on people burned by Debian's move on their
Microsoft Office 365 etc clientele. :o)

Scenarios always come in sets of three: