:: Re: [DNG] Systemd depends on random…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd depends on random numbers in order to work properly
On Mon, 08 Jul 2019 17:35:19 +0200, Martin wrote in message
<1898883.rvtoQVDO1o@merkaba>:

> Hi!
>
> Just another reason I am happy to use sysvinit on my systems.
>
> unblock: systemd/241-4
> https://bugs.debian.org/929215
>
> Booting system should not depend on random numbers to be available in
> a large enough quantity.
>
> Granted there is a processor bug involved… but why rely on the random
> number generator of CPUs anyway?
>
> Thanks,

..I got curious, 'n chk'ed https://bugs.debian.org/927008
and duckducked "systemd-journal-remote", and learned they
have 3? different log file formats?: 8oD
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/journal-files/
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/export/
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/json/
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.journal-fields.html
__CURSOR=, __REALTIME_TIMESTAMP=, __MONOTONIC_TIMESTAMP=

..anyone heard of anyone working on ways to read these 3
formatted systemd logs files, e.g. with non-systemd log
servers?

.."if" somebody cracks the systemd market "infrastructure"
and they have no plan B etc, they are going to bleed Bigly
trying to come up with a way to e.g. read their own logs.
Etc.

..we've heard etc ;o) about /etc/machine-id, but __CURSOR=,
__REALTIME_TIMESTAMP=, __MONOTONIC_TIMESTAMP= etc are ALSO
logged, if I can believe their
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/export/

..first time I heard of anything like "_MONOTONIC_", was on
Stalinist style "re-education camp" victims.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: