:: Re: [DNG] ..so Debian is Busting po…
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..so Debian is Busting postgresql, evolution-ews inboxes and history itself?, was: Runit service depend another script not daemon
Arnt Karlsen - 07.07.19, 16:29:
> ..another motive in town?:
> 5.3.7. evolution-ews has been dropped, AND EMAIL INBOXES USING
> EXCHANGE, OFFICE365 OR OUTLOOK SERVER WILL BE REMOVED:
> https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/release-notes/ch-informat
> ion.en.html#evolution-and-exchange
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=926712#19

The alternative would be to include an evolution-ews plugin that does
not check for any TLS errors nor verifies certificates.

I certainly can understand the decision to remove the package from
testing.

Its also mentioned in the release notes:

https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.de.html#evolution-and-exchange

Maybe it would have been good to delay the release… but on the other
hand: I would not recommend to anyone using Office 365. Unfortunately at
work I am not given a choice.

Also it could probably be added back later at least as backport.

--
Martin