:: Re: [DNG] Runit service depend anot…
Author: viverna
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Runit service depend another script not daemon
il devuanizzato Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> il 08-07-19 11:03:36 ha scritto:
>viverna - 06.07.19, 15:58:
>> Put my code here.
>>
>> Work for epoch init system but it is adaptable to any other such as
>> runit, s6 and so on...
>
>Thanks a lot for your code contribution
>
>I was not even aware of epoch init system.
>
>https://universe2.us/epoch.html
>
>https://universe2.us/epochconfig.html
>
>Hmmm…
>
>--
>Martin

Epoch is an init system very interesting. Syntax config file it's
declarative like systemd. Don't exist dependency between objects but
only prority (it may be strange in the beginning).
I like scriptable init system (for example runit) however it's simple
(more simple than runit) make your init environment and collection of
objects with epoch init system. It's easy intersperse daemon and not
daemon.
The epoch documentation links are correct. The documentation is
detailed. I discover epoch reading Steve Litt's "Manjaro Experiment"
documentation.
>From what I know, epoch is packaged by gentoo folks. It should not be

difficult considering small size and simplicity, make package for
Devuan. I have a small subset of objects (entity to be managed in
epoch) and i will be very happy to share with you.

--
viverna