:: Re: [DNG] Runit service depend anot…
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Runit service depend another script not daemon
Hendrik Boom - 08.07.19, 16:56:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 10:54:58AM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Steve Litt - 07.07.19, 01:26:

> > > Well, if I were to help integrate runit and s6 into Devuan either
> > > directly or through Debian, would it really matter if my incentive
> > > included drama and fear?
> >
> > For me it does.
> >
> > The fear may tell me that it is keeping me safe. My own direct
> > experience through letting go tells something different however:
> > Fear
> > keeps me stuck. With fear I give my power away to what I imagine
> > would be stronger than me. Like in your case, I dramatize a bit:
> > "big large evil commercial corporations".
> >
> > What if I just let go of the fear instead? Or welcome it and then
> > move on which is basically the same. It is just a feeling. It is
> > not the truth.
>
> This sounds like Franl Herbert's Bene Gesserit litany against fear:
>
>     Fear is the mind-killer .....

I do not know this one.

Was it too much of a lecture for you?

Well then please just disregard it.

It is not my job to educate others without them asking for it. It
appears I am still learning this.

We are all in this human experience together.

In the past I have also not been exempt from feeling fear and I may feel
fear again. I am determined to welcome it and let it go whenever it
arises.

So Steve and everyone else, feel free to do or not do anything with what
I wrote.

--
Martin