:: Re: [DNG] UEFI support in the live-…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] UEFI support in the live-sdk
Hi fsmithred,

On 30/5/19 15:30, fsmithred via Dng wrote:
> On 5/30/19 11:17 AM, aitor wrote:
>> Hi fsmithred,
>>
>> On 30/5/19 16:37, fsmithred via Dng wrote:
>>> I chose openbox, ascii, main and I got xfce instead.
>> Yes, i know... The same happened to me.
>> The config file is the config file for xfce. Minor issue :)
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Aitor.
>>

> Yeah, I didn't even look at the package lists, but I figured they need
> to be adjusted.
>
> More info:
>
> Text-install gets kernel panic in uefi mode.

There was a wrong line in the entry of the text install. I fixed it, but
i still didn't text it.

> Boots ok in bios mode.
> Install works up to the point that grub-install fails. (No grub-pc in
> the iso)

Yes... "grub-pc" and "grub-pc-bin" (both required for bios) were missing
in the list of .deb packages:

    di_pkgs+=(
        grub-pc
        grub-pc-bin
        $grub_efi
        ${grub_efi}-bin
        grub-common
        grub2-common
        efibootmgr
        libefiboot1
        libefivar1
        libpopt0
        ucf
        libdevmapper1.02.1
        libfreetype6
        libfuse2
        gettext-base
        libpng12-0
        dmsetup
    )

> Graphical install in uefi mode without network proceeded normally up to
> "Finish the installation" when it gave the error:
>
>     Failed to run in-target preseed-hack (exit code 126)

There was mistake in "blend_finalize()", which gives execution
permissions to the preseed-hack file. I replaced the following line:

    cat <<EOF

by this other one:

    cat <<EOF | sudo tee ${strapdir}/finalize >/dev/null

> Reboot into the system looks good. It installed the full system from
> the iso (without network)
> :) :) :)
>
> Now I have to look at it and figure out what you did.
>
> fsmithred

All these changes have been commited in the git repository. I'll build
another image during this night...

Thanks a lot for your help, fsmithred :)

Cheers,

Aitor.