:: Re: [DNG] calendars, contacts, to d…
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] calendars, contacts, to do lists
Anno domini 2019 Mon, 27 May 09:52:13 +0300
Dimitris via Dng scripsit:
> On 5/25/19 11:25 AM, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Does Thunderbird lightening work reliable in your setup? I have problems with it greying out accounts, calenders, not syncing, then syncing again.
> >

> yes, for several years now. owncloud in the beginning, nextcloud now.
>
> greyed out calendars,etc for nextcloud, could mean a problem in
> nextcloud instance (web server rewrites perhaps?), or wrong
> caldav/carddav links in thunderbird. try removing and re-adding urls.
>
> official nextcloud guide here :
> https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/16/user_manual/pim/sync_thunderbird.html
>
> personally i use tbsync addon for thunderbird.
> https://github.com/jobisoft/TbSync/wiki/How-to-get-started
> was using sogo connector addon in the past, but that had lots of issues..

The client has tbsync addon and radicale as CalDAV server. Client computers run windows7 + some intrusive antivirus software and some "secure" atrust software. As far as I can tell till now, thinderbird lightening works where that software from atrust is not installed :/

Nik