:: Re: [DNG] calendars, contacts, to d…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] calendars, contacts, to do lists
On Thu, 23 May 2019 17:35:08 -0400
Daniel Taylor <random@???> wrote:

> Unfortunately, for many of us this is the cost of living in the world.
>

> To coordinate with people I care about I need to sync not just with
> Google, but with FB.
>

> The latter I do manually, and with great reluctance and no JS, but it
> still needs to happen.
>
> Because people are more important than protocols (or pride).

Isn't it interesting that those important people won't email you.
Mightn't you be doing those you care about a favor by incentivising
them to get their faces out of that falsehood laden echo chamber and
back out into the world where people can communicate one on one.

I know what you mean. My family and I used middleman Skype before
Microsoft busted it. We all have priorities and tradeoffs, except for
Richard Stallman.

Anyway, my software contains nothing that precludes somebody from
interfacing it with the middlemen of the world. I haven't spun it into
a massive Chinese puzzle of tamper proof, tightly locked latches to
prevent replacement or improvement (unlike certain software we all know
and love). My software is just middleman agnostic. In fact, by
offloading middleman support to modules written by others, my software
remains modular, DIYable, and easy to debug.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2019 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive