:: Re: [DNG] [devuan-dev] Of confidenc…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] Cease battling each other in e-mail (was: Of confidence and support and the future of Devuan.)
Subject: Re: [DNG] [devuan-dev] Of confidence and support and the future of Devuan.
On Tue, 23 Apr 2019, KatolaZ wrote:

> Counting individual contributions to a voluntary project is totally
> pointless: since there is no price tag on "one hour of voluntary
> work", then a voluntary contribution of one hour is as important and
> as valuable as 1000 hours of voluntary contribution. Noone can ask a
> volunteer to work more, or to work less, or to work at all, because a
> volunteer is a free man/woman devoted to a cause. Devuan is made by a
> community of voluntaries, not by single egos. Making contributions as
> much as possible *invisible*, anonymising, hiding, de-personalising,
> collectivising, this is the only way through IMHO, the only way to let
> a community shine. If anything will last, it will be Devuan as a
> whole, not any of the volunteers who have put it into existence.
>
> "A leader is best
> When people barely know he exists
> Of a good leader, who talks little,
> When his work is done, his aim fulfilled,
> They will say, 'We did this ourselves.'
> ", Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Precisely. I am afraid though, that people will just go on writing
"please stay <3" letters to CenturionDan, (who is the one responsible
for Katolaz to leave, for the CI for being down, for this drama here)
without even thinking how other volunteers feel like. Because this is
how politics work: personalisations, egos and populism.

ciao