:: Re: [devuan-dev] Beowulf not updati…
Author: fsmithred
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Beowulf not updating
On 04/23/2019 04:25 AM, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 09:02:57PM -0400, fsmithred wrote:
>> The beowulf package repo has not been updating for almost a week. There
>> are several threads about it at dev1galaxy.org.
>>
>> Does anyone know what the problem is? If so, could you briefly answer the
>> following:
>>
>> - what's wrong?
>> - how can it be fixed?
>> - when can it be fixed?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> fsmithred
>
> Just my 2 cents: beowulf is tracking buster, which is in deep freeze,
> with only about 100 RC bugs remaining (most of them in quite unused
> packages). This means that Buster will be stable within a couple of
> weeks at most. I would not be surprised if most of Beowulf users won't
> see any update on Beowulf before Buster gets the first point release.
>
> Sorry for the noise.

That's what I thought at first, but here's an example - synaptic moved
into Buster a few days ago, but it's still not in Beowulf.

  Version table:
     0.84.6 0
        100 http://deb.devuan.org/merged/ ceres/main amd64 Packages
        100 http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ceres/main amd64 Packages
         10 http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ buster/main amd64 Packages
         10 http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages
     0.84.2 0
        100 http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii/main amd64 Packages
        100 http://deb.devuan.org/merged/ ascii/main amd64 Packages
         10 http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ stretch/main amd64 Packages

Several people in this thread are having trouble getting packages that are
listed for upgrade:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=2800

fsr