:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Fe…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Feb. 13, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes from
Wednesday, February 13th, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Feb. 13, 2019 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/zRbf-wGLRrjCWEmp4E5cMw/SMdIF82oXATdGipjC8rTjFa0/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: plasma41, rrq, golinux, RickMoen, jaromil, fsr, O'Beardly.

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

  For KatolaZ: regarding reportbug
  https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=14334#p14334
  - (KatolaZ) They should read the error message. That's most probably
    about reportbug not being able to recover current reports via http.
    I am sick of repeating the same thing over and again :\ That is not
    a bug report: it's just a *rant*.

  Regarding systemd files at boot
  https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=14336#p14336
  - (KatolaZ) that's most probably elogind. I am sick of people who fear
    stuff they don't understand. If they uninstall elogind, everything
    disappears. Sorry but I am tired. If they are scared of systemd,
    they should use some other distro. Or just uninstall the elogind
    madness. I have never had it myself. I live happy :-)

Seems something in elogind or consolekit (session handling)

### golinux
- https://dev1galaxy.org/files/meet-cinnabar-dark.png
- After the meet had contact with several hackers from Madrid who want
to translate the website (it would be on git). Looks like the space is
already set up:
https://git.devuan.org/admin/projects/apardo/devuan-www
One is associated with sindominio.net One seems to be good at porting
tablets to linux. Several are already registered on git and the forum.
I appreciate their enthusiasm! They requested a Spanish-speaking
mailing list something like devuan-es@*****. Possible?

### plasma41
- I've been assisting golinux with theming
- I'm working on converting golinux' icon theme into an SVG diff.
Frustratingly it seems that GNOME failed to include in their source
tarball the script actually responsible for generating the icon PNGs
from their SVG sources. The original git repo for the icon theme,
which contains that script, is no longer online. I think I found a
mirror of the repo, but I'm rather frustrated by GNOME's botching
of the tarball.

### rrq
- gitea: still in progress.
Now I've managed to compile it... (long story)

### parazyd (bwo jrml)
- working on rolling linux kernel packaging for the ARM boxes

### aitor (bwo jrml)
- has an amprolla installation for gnuinos
- will come to d1conf

### KatolaZ
- nothing major to report
- still working on a couple of packages
- would like to have piuparts in place before beowulf
- beowulf is not looking bad but we need to update a few packages still
- will be around

## New Actions