:: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Fe…
Author: Plasma
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Feb. 06, 2019
And now for your kind attention, the devuan-dev meet notes from
Wednesday, February 6th, 2019.

plasma41

# Devuan meet Feb. 06, 2019 @20:30 UTC

Pad is here:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/1/edit/r19TrndN3oNTrG6UIoe5cw/52IJ2Hd-Pjl9uiyvQRPDCxT2/

Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
   * Please post notes prior to the meet.
   * Please add your name as 'Present' below when you get to the
     meet.
   * When adding a comment in someone else's notes, please
     pre-pend your name like this: (whoever) whatever . . .

Present: golinux, rrq, plasma41, fsr, RickMoen

## Old Business

### fsmithred
- Uploaded candidate image for dev1conf live-usb:
https://get.refracta.org/files/experimental/dev1usb_2019-02-02.img
- Made new Refracta (ascii) isos, uploaded them, then got the solution
to the polkit problem that's been haunting me for years. (Thanks,
LeePen!) New-new isos are uploading now.

## Old Actions
- Still to-do: Point ASCII release with updated packages (mainly due to
last apt CVE)

## New Business

### KatolaZ
- will not be able to attend, sorry
- built policykit and elogind by LeePen for beowulf. all seems all right
- rebuilt all the installer components (to include ppc64el) - waiting
for 4.19.0-2 to migrate to buster, and then will rebuild the installer
- built latest sysvinit for beowulf and unstable
- working on several other packages for ceres and buster -- updates soon
- need to work on pbuilder to fix a bug with source.changes
(working on it)
- I would like to propose an internal deadline for a Beowulf beta one
month after buster enters freeze (8/9 weeks from now)

### rrq
- git repositories: proposing to phase out gitlab and shift to gitea.
  Main reason being that gitlab has grown too much and is now sporting
  "security upgrades" weekly. There were good feedback for using gitea
  instead, which provides all required functions except being Oauth2
  host (e.g., for "login via gitlab" from dev1galaxy).
  The other main function is the API access for automatic building,
  which appears to be fully supported (changed URLs of course).
  gitea also has a potential further advantage of being "accessible for
  tweaking" in easier ways than gitlab. Smaller footprint generally, and
  fast page rendering.
  I'm not sure if logins are easily ported, though.
  I'll set up a gitea system for more detailed review.
  - (gl) What will happen to all the users who registered to d1g
    with 0auth2?

### golinux
- The desktop keeps morphing:
https://transfer.sh/1QLRF/A18688_A78B8C.png