:: Re: [DNG] Way forward
Author: al3xu5 / dotcommon
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Way forward
Il giorno venerdì 12/04/2019 10:41:53 +0200
Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> ha scritto:

> On Friday 12 April 2019 at 00:53:40, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> > I suggest we pass the following resolution:

[cut]

> Do we want to emphasise purely "sans-systemd", or do we want to promote
> "freedom of init choice"?

[cut]

> Functionally they come down to the same thing, but I think a positive phrase
> is better than a negative one.

Hi that's what I suggest, partly agreeing with Antony (I suggest using both,
positive first and negative later but explaining) and also thinking it should
be better to emphatize more the "human", "social" and "freedom" aspects:

At Devuan we favor the advantages for individual users and communities of
people, over economic benefits for corporations. We seek to make life fun for
all users, developers, caretakers and contributors, promoting freedom of init
choice within the overarching umbrella of delivering systemd-free GNU/Linux
systems in order to preserve simplicity, modularity and interoperability.

Regards

--
al3xu5

Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and any industrial design restrictions.
Public GPG/PGP key block
ID:           4096 bit RSA key 69C5977BF94CFE23
Fingerprint:  59C6 9DC7 CD4B CF2F A190  E3DE 69C5 977B F94C FE23