:: Re: [DNG] What you saw on devuan.or…
Author: al3xu5 / dotcommon
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What you saw on devuan.org yesterday was an April's fools joke
Il giorno venerdì 05/04/2019 11:22:48 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> ha scritto:

> Quoting Andrew McGlashan (andrew.mcglashan@???):
>
> > What if Katolaz gets hit by a bus?
>
> Ah! A proper scientific question. There is precedent for this:
> http://web.archive.org/web/20011113013913/http://segfault.org/story.phtml?mode=2&id=38b40d78-087dd360

Hey Katolaz... I hope at least you are collecting a large collection of amulets
against misfortune ;-)

ps:
It was really a great April's fool, you brought me back about 25 years...
Anyway, I had a suspicion that it was a joke, and I don't understand how others
haven't had it, nor do I understand all this mess for a problem that with
Devuan there hasn't been...
I am asking myself: Who uses other systems, asks the same questions or claims
the same requirements to those who manage them; and how can we be sure that
they have always informed us in the presence of real security problems? Does
anyone personally know all the Debian or RedHat sysadmin, just as examples? And
based on what are they trusted? Has anyone received the keys to sign the
packages directly from all of them? And besides, does anyone care about
rootkits that are most likely present in their hardware firmware or kernel
blobs, or is this not a real security problem?
OK, sorry, I'll stop here ... they were just my irrelevant thoughts, don't take
that into account.

Regards

--
al3xu5

Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and any industrial design restrictions.
Public GPG/PGP key block
ID:           4096 bit RSA key 69C5977BF94CFE23
Fingerprint:  59C6 9DC7 CD4B CF2F A190  E3DE 69C5 977B F94C FE23