:: Re: [DNG] What you saw on devuan.or…
Author: Andrew McGlashan
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What you saw on devuan.org yesterday was an April's fools joke
Hi,

On 5/4/19 11:28 pm, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:
> On 05-04-19 11:16, Simon Hobson wrote:
>> chillfan wrote:
>>
>>> Katolaz is working very hard to ensure we have releases, but I
>>> didn't realise he was doing all this even.
>> I didn't either. So another +1 for Katolaz and all the work he's
>> doing. And everyone else of course, but I think it's a bit unfair
>> for people to be calling for heads on spikes (or one head on a
>> spike) over a fairly good joke.
>>
>> I can understand why some people get a bit upset, but really
>> guys, lighten up. If there's no room for a bit of fun now and
>> again then life gets a bit dull - like the corporate world of
>> grey suites and endlist lists of things you aren't allowed to say
>> or do.
>
> I know Katolaz is working very hard and i appreciate it very much.
> But i am working in ICT and in construction and the two areas where
> you do not joke about are security and safety. Since he already
> apologized i will not discuss it further or in Dutch: zand erover.

There is a different, but also VERY IMPORTANT consideration here.

What if Katolaz gets hit by a bus?

Whilst I do appreciate the work he does, it really is a potential
nightmare should he become unavailable for the works he is currently
doing. What about backup wetware and other team members, is enough
known to move forward if we, for whatever reason, are unfortunate
enough to lose him?

Kind Regards
AnsdrewM