:: Re: [DNG] What you saw on devuan.or…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What you saw on devuan.org yesterday was an April's fools joke
On Sat, Apr 06, 2019 at 04:37:31AM +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 6/4/19 12:41 am, chillfan--- via Dng wrote:
> > I'm not sure then if the bus-factor does apply, but I'm sure none
> > of the core developers are the type to cross the road without
> > looking ;-)
>
> Sure, but the "bus factor" is not just relating to getting hit by a
> bus; it is the effect of losing someone by any means (health,
> accident, murder or otherwise). It's about having a plan to ensure
> that a lost person doesn't have other serious follow on problems ...
> such as "nobody knows the encryption pass phrase or key to unlock
> critical data (however it is stored), or nobody knows how the system
> works so they can step in and keep things going.
>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor

Please stop freaking out, and stop creating alarming doubts. All and
only the five caretakers (Jaromil, CenturionDan, rrq, Evilham, and
myself) have (ever had) access to the whole of the Devuan
infrastructure.

Killing Devuan would require either five buses hitting five people at
the same time in five different countries across the globe, or three
fires hitting three different data centers at exactly the same time.

The fact that we play jokes at times should not trick anybody in
thinking even for a moment that we are fools ;)

HND

KatolaZ