:: Re: [DNG] Update on the Green Hat H…
Author: Lars Noodén
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Update on the Green Hat Hackers attack
On 4/2/19 12:26 AM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting KatolaZ (katolaz@???):
>
>> Dear D1rs,
>>
>> we have analysed in depth the attack from the "Green Hat Hackers" that
>> compromised the Devuan infrastructure in the last hours, and we
>> concluded that you all are:
>>
>>    ***** APRIL FOOLS *****

> It was well done, IMO. I'm impressed as heck (and nostaligic) that you
> created a fully populated Gopher presence.

[snip]

Indeed. I was worried quite a bit until nudged to look at the epoch
dates.

+1 for fitting gopher into the joke. Gopher is quite underrated. With
OpenPGP-signed files, the lack of encryption is less of a problem, at
least for public information. Maybe next year the gopher site could be
done as an Onion service and thus wrap the gopher in an encrypted
protocol. Though that may raise the bar for participation a bit too much.

/Lars