:: Re: [DNG] Request for testing of sl…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Request for testing of slim/experimental
Hi,

On 7/3/19 14:31, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 07, 2019 at 08:13:01AM -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> Is beowulf already in a state where it is generally useable for an ordinary
>> user on a laptop? Except maybe a few quirks like the one we're now
>> debugging? If so I'll upgrade soon and look for problems. I'd prefer not
>> to have to downgrade or reinstall if my system becomes unusable.
>>
> Define "ordinary user on a laptop". I have been using beowulf since
> about 8 months ago on my laptop, and haven't experience any major
> breakage (but I should probably also definne "major breakage"
> here). My impression is that beowulf is pretty usable, but I am not
> running a DE so my experience does not cover session-related automagic
> goodies.
>
> It would be great if more people would actually move on beowulf as
> soon as possible, so that we can identify as many glitches as possible
> and put together a beta of beowulf.
>
> HND
>
> KatolaZ

My latest image of gnuinos beowulf (not uploaded yet) waits for a
keyboard press event during live boots.
I'm still not sure if this is related with the new version of slim. I'll
check it soon. Another possible cause might be
the non configured live-config scripts. Daniel Baumann would throw up
his arms, but i always use a very simple script for that
because it just worked for me during years.

Cheers,

Aitor.