:: Re: [DNG] upgrade to ascii dkim sto…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] upgrade to ascii dkim stopped working
On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 10:30:29PM +0100, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:
> On 25-02-19 00:18, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 03:55:08PM +0100, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:
> >> After upgrading a production server to ascii from jessie, opendkim
> >> stopped working. When i start opendkim manually i get the error
> >> "Starting OpenDKIM: install: cannot create directory ‘’: No such file or
> >> directory". I kept the original configfiles. There is a update remark
> >> from debian about when systemd is installed but of course i do not have
> >> systemd installed. Someone recognizing this problem and may be knows a fix?
> > All I can tell you is that I do have opendkim working on Ascii. I did
> > the upgrade to Ascii about a year ago, and don't recall any major
> > issues with opendkim. Might dpkg-reconfigure on the opendkim package
> > help? I wish I had a more specific answer for you.
> >
> > Greg
> >

> Apparently opendkim 2.11 has been polluted/infected by systemd. Lots of
> systemd bugreports, notes about being a native systemd daemon but simply
> not working from postfix. I downgraded opendkim from 2.11 to 2.9 and
> everythings is working again.
>
> Of course i have now put a hold on 2.9 but my other systems will stay at
> jessie for the foreseeable future.

Hi Nick,

I don't know how you concluded that opendkim has been infected by
systemd, and that this might result in a breakage. As a matter of
fact, opendkim has no dependency on systemd or systemd-related stuff,
not even indirect ones.

I guess the opendkim package might be shipping a systemd unit file,
but that cannot cause any breakage, since it is just a declarative
initialisation file interpreted by systemd. And there is no way to get
systemd running in Devuan, unless you download it from Debian repos.

There must be something else going on, since there are several reports
of perfectly-working opendkim installations in ascii and beowulf.

HND

KatolaZ