:: Re: [DNG] upgrade to ascii dkim sto…
Author: info at smallinnovations dot nl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] upgrade to ascii dkim stopped working
On 25-02-19 00:18, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 03:55:08PM +0100, info at smallinnovations dot nl wrote:
>> After upgrading a production server to ascii from jessie, opendkim
>> stopped working. When i start opendkim manually i get the error
>> "Starting OpenDKIM: install: cannot create directory ‘’: No such file or
>> directory". I kept the original configfiles. There is a update remark
>> from debian about when systemd is installed but of course i do not have
>> systemd installed. Someone recognizing this problem and may be knows a fix?
> All I can tell you is that I do have opendkim working on Ascii. I did
> the upgrade to Ascii about a year ago, and don't recall any major
> issues with opendkim. Might dpkg-reconfigure on the opendkim package
> help? I wish I had a more specific answer for you.
>
> Greg

Apparently opendkim 2.11 has been polluted/infected by systemd. Lots of
systemd bugreports, notes about being a native systemd daemon but simply
not working from postfix. I downgraded opendkim from 2.11 to 2.9 and
everythings is working again.

Of course i have now put a hold on 2.9 but my other systems will stay at
jessie for the foreseeable future.

Grtz.

Nick