:: Re: [DNG] Creating directory in /va…
Author: Tom
To: Didier Kryn, DNG
Subject: Re: [DNG] Creating directory in /var/run on bootup

> On 6 Feb 2019, at 03:03, Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:
>
>     The first solution seems the best to me because it concentrates all the customization in one place, but, for completeness, an alternative to the second solution is to add the line 'mkdir /var/run/barman' in /etc/rc.local .

>     Maybe you should also set the owner, group and permissions of this directory in the same time.

Thanks for all the responses. I decided to use /etc/rc.local because it also needs to set the owner:group permissions after creating the directory.

I wanted to avoid touching the /etc/cron.d/barman file because that is provided by the barman package itself. Minimal customisation of package-provided files is preferable to me if possible, so there’s less to manage on package updates that may want to overwrite any custom changes. It’s also preferable to have this running once on each bootup instead of running every minute with the cronjob.

—Tom