:: Re: [DNG] Installing Steam on Devua…
Author: Linux O'Beardly
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Installing Steam on Devuan
I'm running two ASCII installs and am running Steam on both without issue.
One is a laptop with an Intel video card which I mostly just use to keep in
touch with my Steam peeps. However, I have verified that it will start and
run games without crashing. Although, with the Intel graphics card I can't
competitively play anything other than the games based on the original
Half-Life engine, like the original CS. The other is my desktop with an
Nvidia 760GTX with the Nvidia proprietary drivers which I use for my
primary gaming rig. I use the Steam deb binary from
https://www.steampowered.com.

I'm just spit-balling here, but I have seen the exact error that is listed
in this thread. In my experience, it was due to the fact that when you
installed your graphics driver, you didn't install the 32bit libs with it.
Even if you have the 32bit system libs, it still requires a 32bit graphics
libs. The Nvidia proprietary driver specifically asks about this when
installing. I have never been able to play any Steam game on Linux with an
ATI card. It will install and run, but the graphics are so choppy, it's
unplayable.

HTH,

*Linux O'Beardly*
linux.obeardly@???