:: [DNG] some issues with the minimal-…
Author: Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] some issues with the minimal-live iso as a rescue tool
Hi everybody.

This week I have downloaded and used the 'minimal-live'
iso image of devuan to rescue a machine that stopped booting.

The problem started after a debian/wheezy to devuan/jessie
migration. After rebooting, grub was broken. I have later looked
at the apt logs, and the only unexpected thing I see is that:

/etc/kernel/postinst.d/zz-update-grub:
Generating grub configuration file ...
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Encontrada imagen de linux: /boot/vmlinuz-3.16.0-7-686-pae
Encontrada imagen de memoria inicial: /boot/initrd.img-3.16.0-7-686-pae
Encontrada imagen de linux: /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-6-686-pae
Encontrada imagen de memoria inicial: /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-6-686-pae
Encontrada imagen de linux: /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-4-686-pae
Encontrada imagen de memoria inicial: /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-4-686-pae
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
Configuration setting "activation/thin_check_executable" unknown.
hecho

I downloaded the 'minimal-live' from ascii and used it to boot from USB.

I found that the packages mdadm (for RAID) and lvm2 (for LVM) were not installed
in the 'minimal-live', so I had to install them prior to use them.

This would have been an embarrasing situation in case I had no network connection,
but fortunately it was not the case.

So I think those packages should be ready-to-use in the minimal-live, specially as
it is announced as a rescue tool. RAID and LVM are not something 'rare', I guess.

I would report a bug, but I don't know how to do it. ¿Is there a 'Package' related
to the build of the 'minimal-live' iso? ¿How to check if there are bugs
already related to this?

Also, I would have appreciated to find in the web an exhaustive list of packages
installed in every iso. ¿Is there that list anywhere?

Cheers,
Salo.

--
   Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba       salo@???
  -=- buscando empleo desde 1988 -=-       www.gpoc.es

PGP: 3F87 CCE7 8B35 8C06 E637 2D57 5723 9984 718C A614