:: Re: [DNG] Systemd as tragedy
Author: Simon Hobson
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Systemd as tragedy
Massimo Coppola <massimo.coppola@???> wrote:

> But I guess there's no need either to list all technical systemd issues here, or accept the unsound logic that unkind developers are the only reason of systemd criticism.

With all the hot air, I suspect that many people have lost sight of the distinction between an implementation of an idea (udev, dbus,systemd) and the idea itself (a better way of managing a system).

It's clear that systemd isn't the right implementation. And it's clear that Poettering isn't the right person to be doing it.
But I'd suggest that many of us "systemd - just say no" folks aren't fundamentally opposed to improvements where the improvement is actually better and not a bug ridden furball'