:: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the install guides
On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 11:01:44 +0100, aitor_czr wrote in message
<93007179-fc33-c2ea-5fb4-00cd732f53d7@???>:

> Happy 2019 :)
>
> On 1/1/19 10:46, golinux@??? wrote:
> > Happy new year everyone!
> >
> > I've kicked off the new year with a late night session in gitlab
> > tweaking the install guides and adding one for the desktop-live gui
> > install. You can start here:
> >
> > https://beta.devuan.org/os/documentation/install-guides/start-here.html
> >
> > Navigation is at the bottom of the page. Please cycle through the
> > pages and report if anything is broken.  If they look OK, I will
> > merge everything to master tomorrow.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > golinux
>
> Very good job!

..maybe a wee tweak in section "1)" of:
https://beta.devuan.org/os/documentation/install-guides/live-gui.html
where we might wanna mention the potential ramifications of leaving the
default root password as "toor" going online during the install, e.g.
with: "the default root password is toor and you want to change that
default root password to anything else with the passwd command before
proceding. Select your preferred option when you're ready."

Scenarios always come in sets of three: