:: Re: [DNG] slashes in FAT file names
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] slashes in FAT file names
On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 02:35:35AM +0100, Gonzalo Pérez de Olaguer Córdoba wrote:
> Hi Hendrik,

> > Yes, I see inode numbers. Unfortunately, the files with slashes in
> > their names have question marks for their inode numbers.
> >
> > 2522 @  2523 ?  2526 ?                    ? 07/TRA~1.MP3       2516

> You don't have to use inodes at all. Anything provided by find to match the file
> will do. For example, try something like:
>
> find . -type f -iname '07*TRA*MP3' -exec ...

Wouldn't find just try and stick the name of the file in for the {},
and then wouldn't mv have the same trouble I'm having with my other
commands, namely, that the name has a slash in it and that the slash
will get interpreted as a directory name separator rather then as an
ordinary part of the filename?

Is there a way of naming a file using the inode number? Like
/dev/sdb1/2527 or some such?

Of course, this syntax won't work in the case of an inode within a file
used as a block device.

-- hendrik