:: Re: [DNG] slashes in FAT file names
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] slashes in FAT file names
Gonzalo:
> Hi Hendrik,

> > Yes, I see inode numbers.  Unfortunately, the files with slashes in
> > their names have question marks for their inode numbers.
> > 2522 @  2523 ?  2526 ?                    ? 07/TRA~1.MP3       2516
> You don't have to use inodes at all. Anything provided by find to match the file
> will do. For example, try something like:
> find . -type f -iname '07*TRA*MP3' -exec ...

I think all of the above will fail since you can opendir()/readdir()
to look at file names and inodes numbers all you like, but there is
no open()/rename() etc. system call that takes an inode number.
They all take a pathname. So something that works on the file system
level seems to be the only solution.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data