:: [DNG] Multiple problems with upgrad…
Author: Se7en
Subject: [DNG] Multiple problems with upgrade
To whom it may concern,

I have had many issues with an upgrade from Jessie to ASCII, and have voiced
my complaints in IRC. Some of these issues are also reported in Debian Proper
with no proposed solutions. I feel the need to voice them.

First issue (Reported in Debian): X11 doesn't start up without root
permissions. The issue is reported at
<http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=130587> and the solution is a
work-around to change a conf file to run as root.

Second issue: Torsocks does not work for several applications, notably
fetchmail. I do not know if this is an issue with Devuan or Torsocks. It gives
a permission denied error. Specific error is sh: 1: /usr/bin/procmail:
Operation not permitted. It exits status 6. This is also an issue with mutt.
Torifying mutt produces "mutt_dotlock: operation not permited".

Third issue: My loopback address is not automatically brought up. I have to
run `ifconfig lo up` on every boot. Attachment is my /etc/network/interfaces

Fourth issue: My swap space is not correct. I had to fiddle with it, and am
unable to correct it. I use LUKS+Cryptswap. I used the Jessie guided paritioner
and it worked well before the upgrade.

There are more issues I can not recall at this moment. I am very upset that
there are no solutions to this problem. Does anyone know what is happening?

--
|-----/                   | Se7en
     /  The One and Only! | se7en@???

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet
# This is an autoconfigured IPv6 interface
iface eth0 inet6 auto