:: Re: [DNG] Audio woes in Ascii - spe…
Author: ael
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Audio woes in Ascii - speakers but no headphones
On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 10:17:25AM +0200, Lars Noodén via Dng wrote:

> On 12/10/18 1:25 AM, Joel Roth via Dng wrote:
> > [...]
> > One other good idea is this: alsactl init
> > The command will put your soundcard in a usable
> > state.
> >
> > As exemplified here:
> >

> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/15765/why-do-i-have-to-run-alsactl-init-each-time-i-boot-my-system
>
> Progress.
>
> Thanks. I checked AlsaMixer and it showed the headphones with full
> volume but still no sound, unless I unplug the headphone jack and then
> sound comes from the speakers instead.

In alsamixer, you should have an "Auto-mute" control. What you describe
matches "Auto-mute enabled". Just use alsamixer to disable that if
that is what you prefer.

Then you can use alsactl to save these new settings as needed.

alsactl init resets to "default" state, which may not be what you want
or expect.

ael