:: Re: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi f…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan for Raspberry Pi fried SD CARD.
On 02/12/18 at 21:04, Rick Moen wrote:
> I also recommend (while in single-user mode as the root user) doing this
> in each of your system's mountpoint directories:
>
> # touch NOTHING_IS_MOUNTED_HERE
> # chattr +i NOTHING_IS_MOUNTED_HERE
>
> That's saved me confusion quite a few times when I'm puzzled about one
> of those directories unexpectedly lacking the expected files.

  Good idea.  To address the same problem I often set the unmounted
mountpoint chmod 0.  However, I noticed this setting causes sshfs to
fail with the message:

fuse: failed to open mountpoint for reading: Permission denied

Your method does make sense.  It even works for root!  ☺

--
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>
VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???