:: Re: [DNG] Mutuality and harmlessnes…
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Mutuality and harmlessness
Hello Spiral of Hope.

Thank you for your point of view.

spiralofhope - 24.11.18, 18:24:
> Now
>
> > what happens if I let go any belief that some of them are true or
> > right, preferably my own, and some of them are false or wrong,
> > preferably those of apparent others? What is beyond true or false,
> > beyond right or wrong, beyond black or white, beyond left or right?
> > What if, just what if this world is not binary, like a computer?
> > What
> > if, just what if this world has all the different colors and none of
> > them are right or wrong?
>
> The binary is real.

For me it is not. It is just part of the illusion. Cause whenever I
really check… it is not there. Whenever I really checked whether there
is actually a me with all the rights, wrongs, goods or bads, all the
story, all the drama, without going into memory… I never found it.

However do not take my words for granted. Feel free to check for
yourself.

> Without it, you never know if you are wholly wrong. You pretend you
> cannot ever be wholly wrong, and demand that nobody tells you when you
> are. You never get help correcting, or can even think to

[…]
> Being wrong is common, (even normal before becoming less-wrong).
> Being told one is wrong should be normalized. Accepting one is wrong
> should be desirable. Going from being told one is wrong to being
> helped to be right should is .. Good. There must be a wrong and a
> right.

[…]

For me there is no right or wrong. At least not a generally accepted
one. Right or wrong in itself is an ego thing. Ask 10 people about what
they deem right and wrong and receive 10 different answers. Now, which
one is wrong and which one is right? Of course you can fight epic
battles over that, like a systemd versus init freedom battle, a vi
versus emacs battle, a GNOME versus KDE battle, a Debian versus Devuan
battle, a you name it versus you name it battle, a it does not even
matter at all versus it does not even matter at all battle or whatever
battle you can imagine. I decide to choose my time more wisely however
instead of potentially sinking an unlimited amount of time into it.

There is a truth beyond all that, but it has nothing to do with the ego.

Does that mean I do not stand up for the causes that are important for
me? No, not at all. Recently I just stood up for the protection of the
Hambacher forest as a part for my long time engagement for the end of
burning coal for energy. And that is just one example. However whenever
I clearly see that there is not one right or wrong… I do it from a very
different perspective and with a lot more sustainable and long lasting
results. It is even much more enjoyable and it helps me to let go of the
suffering related to it. The more I open up to the perspective of the so
called other, the more ways open up to me to actually facilitate change.
I helped to initiate the fruitful cooperation between Debian and Devuan
developers this way.

Or does that even mean I am not engaging with… what you called self-
improvement? I do… I easily spend several thousand of dollars on it in
the last years. However… the more I dig into this, the more the
perfection that is already there, the perfection within the seeming
imperfection, the harmony beyond everything reveals itself to me. For me
todays it is more and more about letting go of any arbitrary limitation
I created and open up to my true potential that has been there from the
beginning of all time already, just waiting for me to uncover it again.

> Nobody loves you who withholds their opinion to save your ego.

Telling my ego's opinion does not require myself to attack other people
in person. Looking into memory, whenever I attacked someone else in
person all I received is: Resistance. Yet, resistance does not ever help
to change anything. Resistance is the clue that keeps stuck in the
status quo. Yes, that is even how I reacted most of the time I felt
personally attacked. I know a different way meanwhile.

I can be perfectly honest to some apparent other, without ever choosing
to hurt him, her or cis. (There may be other words or ways to refer to
non binary genders in English. Yes, even gender does not appear to be
binary.) Actually when I attack some apparent other in person, all I do
is to hurt myself. I opted out of the hurting cycle, cause it does not
contribute to happiness.

Years ago I read a brilliant book titled (translated from german): "If
it hurts, it is no love". This is how I see love still: True love never
ever hurts. If it hurts, it is no love.

Loving what is as part of the evolving perfection, just exactly as it
is, opens up ways to change it.

I stand by it, I commit to harmlessness in relationships everywhere and
here on this list.

If you disagree, feel free to disagree as much as you'd like to. It does
not change my commitment. In this case however I see nothing left to
discuss between us for now. I may choose not to reply any further due to
that.

I just stated my commitment and I stand by it. It is your freedom to
agree or to disagree with it as much as you like.

Thank you.
--
Martin