:: Re: [DNG] Mutuality and harmlessnes…
Author: spiralofhope
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Mutuality and harmlessness
---
This is a bike shed topic for me. Incoming bullshittery. :)
---

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 12:15:39 +0100
Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> wrote:

> Now
> what happens if I let go any belief that some of them are true or
> right, preferably my own, and some of them are false or wrong,
> preferably those of apparent others? What is beyond true or false,
> beyond right or wrong, beyond black or white, beyond left or right?
> What if, just what if this world is not binary, like a computer? What
> if, just what if this world has all the different colors and none of
> them are right or wrong?

The binary is real.

Without it, you never know if you are wholly wrong. You pretend you
cannot ever be wholly wrong, and demand that nobody tells you when you
are. You never get help correcting, or can even think to self-correct.
You never improve. You never examine ethics or philosophies and aspire
to greatness. You close yourself off, becoming bigoted by demanding
open acceptance to your unwillingness to pursuit it.

Core philosophies absent of permanent-improvement are poison to the
self, and when they are enforced for others, even and especially "to
protect them", they are cancer to others.

Being wrong is common, (even normal before becoming less-wrong). Being
told one is wrong should be normalized. Accepting one is wrong should be
desirable. Going from being told one is wrong to being helped to be
right should is .. Good. There must be a wrong and a right.

--

Nobody loves you who withholds their opinion to save your ego.

The thing of it is that the more antagonistic someone is, without
trolling (e.g. they have expertise you accept), the more terrifying
their criticism becomes.

"Oh shit, what if LVM+encryption+btrfs really _is_ a hot mess
that solves problems I don't have and gives benefits I don't use by
introducing risks I can't recover from?"

Yes the problem is that they and their communication are not tailored
to your tender needs, but also that one demands being treated tenderly
in the first place by pretending that being wholly wrong isn't a thing.