:: Re: [DNG] My setup, and why I like …
Author: Dan Pridgeon
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] My setup, and why I like it

On 11/24/18 11:36 AM, spiralofhope wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 15:14:10 -0500
> Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>
>> I don't yet run drive encryption, but may start.
> I encourage it. It's straightforward, and was surprisingly good
> performance for me, even on rust.
>
> I did it from scratch, prepping a whole drive and then copying data from
> elsewhere, and holy hell did it take forever and cook that room.
>
> You don't need them, but I decided to make very detailed instructions
> meant for complete newbies on how to install and reinstall onto plain
> non-LVM encrypted root partitions without reformatting. I've been too
> lazy to publish it, but I'll get to that soonish.
>

> [snip]

I have found this thread very educational (except for the times when
someone disparages another). I look forward to your "detailed
instructions" around this issue.  (Though retired out of the computer
test environment, I'm very much a newbie when it comes to the
collaborative development via the Internet environment.)  I'm very
interested in the this/your topic as well as the boot process (in atomic
detail), and, the wireless access mechanism.  Thanks.