:: [DNG] Is Didier another troll? Re: …
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Is Didier another troll? Re: /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question
On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 18:32:53 +0100
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

> Le 22/11/2018 à 17:02, KatolaZ a écrit :
> >>     Files are stored in different directories, that's it for clean
> >> bookkeeping. Making these directories mountpoint does not add any
> >> sort of ordering. Only the impression they are more secure. My
> >> opinion is that impression is only an impression. Am I allowed to
> >> express my opinion without causing flames?
> >>
> > Sure you are, Didier, as is anybody else, and we should all strive
> > for this to remain the norm here :)
>

>     Dear KatolaZ, My question wasn't intended to you, though I was
> pretty sure you would answer and I knew your answer :-)

>     I've observed people opposed to the merge feel very upset.

At this point you lead me to believe that you are a duplicitous
arsehole. You made a statement and I replied to that.

Now your post seek to do what you had previously claim other were
doing. Firstly you start off for some alleged motivation,

> understand one doesn't like, in general, reforms which don't make
> things better and are forced on people, reforms the motivation of
> which is weak or obscure.

Then you invoke FUD/fear-fear-fear.

>     Maybe there is a motivation from the darkside (Systemd), but
> there is also a clear but weak motivation, for the sake of making the
> filesystem hierarchy more sensible:

and again go onto make statements that are not true; every decision has
consequences and trade offs.

> What I'm advocating is: this hasn't any
> consequence for the safety of the OS and it hasn't anymore
> consequences on the ability to boot; it's mostly a change in habits.

and end by trivialising concerns and past experiences.