:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question
On 22/11/18 at 02:16, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> On 21.11.18 17:11, Alessandro Selli wrote:
>> On 21/11/18 at 13:17, Roger Leigh wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> I've been following the discussion with interest.
>>
>>   No, you definitely have not followed it.  In fact you are disregarding
>> all the points that were expressed against the merge.
>>

>>>   It's certainly not a new discussion, since I remember debating it a
>>> good few years back, but there are still the same opinions and
>>> thoughts on the topic that I remember from back then.
>>>
>>> Some general points to consider:
>>>
>>> 1) A separate /usr serves no practical purpose on a Debian/Devuan system
>>
>>   Yes it does, and they were already listed:
> +1
>
> What amazes me more than the great length of this thread is the
> inordinate ignorance of insisting that merging needs to be mandated,
> instead of just being offered on an opt-in basis, maximally invisible to
> the rest of us.

  Yes, you're right.  This stubborn insistence that disregards any
objection and pretends no valid reasons to reject the change was ever
debated is stunning, reminds me of talks about politics, not technical
matters.  I really wonder where people active in the Free Software
community got that attitude.

--
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>
VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???