:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 09:14:06PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

[cut]

> # Those are a non-serious suggestion and a rethorical question, in case
> # that didn't come across.
>
> So, I'm against a *forced* /usr merge. I hope Debian does the right
> thing but if necessary, I would like to see Devuan correct the wrong.
> However, let's focus on init freedom (and beowulf) first!

The current default in debootstrap from Debian is to merge /usr, so
buster installs will have /usr merged. This is not a problem at all
for Devuan atm, since we forked debootstrap and base-installer and can
act there to put back the default to non-merged /usr in Beowulf,
leaving the option to the user to choose otherwise.

More choice == more freedom ;)

HND

KatolaZ