:: [DNG] ascii upgrade /w KDE
Author: Simon Walter
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] ascii upgrade /w KDE
Hi all,

I thought I should write to warn anyone that has not already upgraded to
ascii.

KDE 5 is "fine". I do not see the improvements - yet. Of course all your
settings will not be used. So that is warning #1. #2 is that kwallet has
a new format and even though it seems to support importing old wallets,
it doesn't work and is a known bug. So before you upgrade, export your
wallet(s) as XML.

Not related to KDE, yet related to password management, KeepassX is also
a new incompatible version.

BTW, the upgrade was a disaster. I had to reinstall. I may be alone in
having an Debian to jessie to ascii with KDE. It is not worth upgrading
- just reinstall.

I was annoyed, but ultimately fine because I had a jessie on which to
convert those files.

Best,

Simon