:: Re: [DNG] Service directory locatio…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Service directory location
On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 11:08:14 -1000
Joel Roth <joelz@???> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> In order to facilitate users experimenting with
> different init systems, and avoid conflicting when switching
> from one to another, how about giving runit its own
> directory, for example /etc/service/runit ?

Excellent idea!

We could have /etc/service/runit as the symlink container,
and /etc/sv/runit as the location of all available daemon directories
(which contain run scripts). Then somebody could also
have /etc/service/s6 and /etc/sv/s6. There is active debate as to
whether runit or s6 is the better init. I love them both.

The only downside is that somebody would need to change the existing
runit package accordingly.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz