:: Re: [DNG] Devuan + remote desktop o…
Author: Miroslav Skoric
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan + remote desktop of Ubuntu = how?
On 10/20/2018 02:42 PM, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> ..http://www.pclinuxos.com/ has a reputation for being the easiest
> distro for your kinda newbie users. But it is not Devuan. ;o)
>
> ..https://www.qubes-os.org/ is also not Devuan, but an excellent way
> to set up Devuan safely and securely in, er, these times.

Naah ... is this Devuan or anti-Devuan list? Of course I'll reinstall
into Ubuntu or Debian (or whatever I used in the past) if Devuan does
not perform what I asked for :-)

> .._play_around_until_ you have a setup you're confident enough to
> tease your users into using. Your users has lived thru pretty bad
> times and _understand_ their need for _RL_ privacy, and will easily
> accept they need online privacy too, a fact you will find is handy
> when you are ready to scare them off their pirated Wintendos. ;o)

Sure. I had downloaded a Devuan installation on a DVD and installed one
of those comps. One of my points is to check it for differences against
Debian and/or Ubuntu, so if it proves as failed it's not a big deal for
me to reinstall into one of those mentioned :-)

Misko