:: Re: [DNG] Devuan + remote desktop o…
Author: Miroslav Skoric
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan + remote desktop of Ubuntu = how?
On 10/20/2018 04:31 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote:

>> It's a seniors club, 70-75 at average. Some of them are more-less fluent in
>> (pirated) Window$ -based mouse clicking to browse the Net, email, and
>> office. So my point is to show them that there are free & unrestricted
>> alternatives. As I said I have two machines there, one is wired to a big TV
>> so they who sit in a last row can listen & watch. That one machine is Devuan
>> Jessie 64-bit for now, I installed it just for test as I never used Devuan
>> distro before. However, I am more experienced in Ubuntu, so I want to show
>> them its desktop too. But the idea is not to disconnect/reconnect each
>> machine from the TV to switch different distro, instead I want to run Devuan
>> as a 'proxy' for Ubuntu to appear on TV as a second option.
>
> Why not just dual-boot between Devuan and Ubuntu?
> Dual boot doen't *require* one of the systems to be nonLinux!

Hendrik, both boxes came to the club installed with Window$, and I have
to keep them that way (partially) until the club members clearly show
they want to learn something else than that. And the boxes' features are
insufficient for a triple-boot endeavours. Important is also to show the
audience that they always can reboot into their 'favourite' environment.

Misko