:: Re: [DNG] Avahi [was Weird network …
Author: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Avahi [was Weird network issue]
On 16.10.2018 11:29, Alessandro Selli wrote:

>   I find it amazing how often there is no one who knows anything> technical about the printer, and I do not mean the list of printing
or> shared filesystem protocols it supports or if it can take

Postscript/PDF> files directly, but not even it's IP or whether at the
given IP I can> find the printer itself or some PC acting as a print
spooler.  A couple> of times when I asked how comes no one knew anything
about the printer I> was answered something like: "Oh well, it got setup
by some guy years> ago, I was not even here when he did the job, and
anyway nobody bothers> to know so long as it works".  Somehow
administering the printer is not> considered a facet of infrastructure
sysadminship, it's instead like a> dirty floor: you don't wash it
yourself if someone spilled their Double> Hot Chocolate mug on it, you
call the janitor to clean up the mess instead.
hmm, perhaps we should build some fancy product for that, something with
the word "ENTERPRISE" written in very big letters onto it ;-)

--mtx