:: Re: [DNG] Weird network issue - slo…
Author: golinux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Weird network issue - slow to resolve IPs
On 2018-10-14 01:52, Rick Moen wrote:

> Anyhow, it can be vital to know _what_ server is answering (well or
> otherwise) your system's DNS questions by default. Looking at
> /etc/resolv.conf should answer that question.

I don't have anything in /etc/resolvconf except an avahi-daemon in
/update-libc.d/ Maybe I should start by putting 8.8.8.8 in
/etc/resolvconf?

And OT do I even need avahi installed at all?

=======================================

OK. I am a complete idiot and ignored the dot in the filename so didn't
even see the resolv.conf file. This is what's in it:

domain austin.rr.com
search austin.rr.com
nameserver 209.18.47.62
nameserver 209.18.47.61

I would really like to change the DNS service. And those RR search
pages are really annoying and useless.

Apologies for the confusion. Bedtime for me . . .