:: [DNG] Weird network issue - slow to…
Author: golinux
To: Dng
Subject: [DNG] Weird network issue - slow to resolve IPs
Greetings everyone,

Something funny is going on with my networking. It's taking a very long
time to resolve host IPs across all browsers. It's been happening for a
week or two but I'm just now getting annoyed enough to troubleshoot.

When I ping Google at 8.8.8.8 or various websites, they arrive
immediately but just keep knocking on the door and never fully resolve.
After several interminable seconds, pages do eventually come up.

Talked to my ISP and they are sending someone out tomorrow. Just want
to make sure this isn't something on my end. My networking knowledge is
very limited - I just plug in the cable - and other than a ping have no
idea how to troubleshoot this. I'm wondering if I might have to open an
incoming port? (Apologies if that's a really stupid idea.)

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this after recent updates
or might have ideas what might be happening not ISP-related. Hoping to
learn something in the process.

Cheers,

golinux