:: Re: [DNG] passwordless console auto…
Author: Alessandro Selli
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] passwordless console autologin
On 12/10/18 at 14:14, Florian Zieboll wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> for a video display, I installed devuan with a passwordless console autologin, but my current configuration (below) gives me a "deprecated" warning:
>
> /etc/login.defs
>     NO_PASSWORD_CONSOLE tty1

> /etc/inittab
>     1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty --autologin devuan tty1

> Is there an up-to-date solution to achieve this?

  Passwordless accounts is a feature that was taken over by PAM.

  In man pam_unix(8) I can read:

       nullok
           The default action of this module is to not permit the user
access
           to a service if their official password is blank. The nullok
           argument overrides this default and allows any user with a blank
           password to access the service.

  So, you should add this parameter to those pam config files in
/etc/pam.d/ that use pam_unix and hope it works.

  PAM can easily get out of hand and mess up your system, so be careful
and have backup copies of your pam.d files in case you lock yourself out
of your box for an invalid PAM login configuration.

Alessandro

--
Alessandro Selli <alessandroselli@???>
VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???