:: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Problem with d…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-mirrors
Subject: Re: [devuan-mirrors] Problem with deBIan.ipacct.com
On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 11:17:17AM +0200, Evilham wrote:
> Ahoj!
>
> I just came across what I think is a weird corner-edge that should be
> looked into.
>
> It is regarding following mirror:
>
> Am 28/09/2018 um 17:42 schrieb Devuan Mirrors:
> > devuan.ipacct.com/devuan....
> >       http: [OK] https: [OK] DNS-RR: [OK] Updated: [SKIP] Integrity: [OK]
> I have a machine where apt install failed when it picked this mirror
> from the deb.devuan.org pool.

> After debugging it, I got it down to following (notice deBI/VUan):
>

> $ curl -I -6 debian.ipacct.com
> curl: (7) Failed to connect to debian.ipacct.com port 80: Connection refused
>
> $ host debian.ipacct.com
> debian.ipacct.com has address 195.85.215.251
> debian.ipacct.com has IPv6 address 2a01:9e40::251
> $ host devuan.ipacct.com
> devuan.ipacct.com has address 195.85.215.180
> devuan.ipacct.com has IPv6 address 2a01:9e40::180
>

> Notice that debian.ipacct.com and devuan.ipacct.com resolve to different
> IPv6 addresses, that probably have different firewalls, but resolve to
> the same IPv4 address.

Sorry Evilham, but I don't follow you. The two domains actually
resolve to two different IPv4 addresses and to two different IPv6
addresses...

> I write this here, since it is my understanding that the mirror admin
> must be subscribed here and therefore will hopefully fix it soon.
>
> Also this points at a generalised check that should be performed on
> mirrors in the deb.devuan.org pool, that is: we have to check using all
> IPs associated with the respective DNS entry.

At the moment deb.devuan.org only works on IPv4 (only 'A' records, no
'AAAA' ones), and the checks are based on the IPv4 addresses in the
round-robin pool...

What is the issue about, exactly?

Thanks

KatolaZ