:: [devuan-mirrors] Problem with deBIa…
Author: Evilham
To: devuan-mirrors
Subject: [devuan-mirrors] Problem with deBIan.ipacct.com
Ahoj!

I just came across what I think is a weird corner-edge that should be
looked into.

It is regarding following mirror:

Am 28/09/2018 um 17:42 schrieb Devuan Mirrors:
> devuan.ipacct.com/devuan....
>       http: [OK] https: [OK] DNS-RR: [OK] Updated: [SKIP] Integrity: [OK]

I have a machine where apt install failed when it picked this mirror
from the deb.devuan.org pool.

After debugging it, I got it down to following (notice deBI/VUan):

$ curl -I -6 debian.ipacct.com
curl: (7) Failed to connect to debian.ipacct.com port 80: Connection refused

$ host debian.ipacct.com
debian.ipacct.com has address 195.85.215.251
debian.ipacct.com has IPv6 address 2a01:9e40::251
$ host devuan.ipacct.com
devuan.ipacct.com has address 195.85.215.180
devuan.ipacct.com has IPv6 address 2a01:9e40::180

Notice that debian.ipacct.com and devuan.ipacct.com resolve to different
IPv6 addresses, that probably have different firewalls, but resolve to
the same IPv4 address.

I write this here, since it is my understanding that the mirror admin
must be subscribed here and therefore will hopefully fix it soon.

Also this points at a generalised check that should be performed on
mirrors in the deb.devuan.org pool, that is: we have to check using all
IPs associated with the respective DNS entry.
--
Evilham