:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Cannot install wine3…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [OT] Cannot install wine32 on ASCII.
On Fri, 17 Aug 2018, Evilham wrote:

> Snippet from a previous email after fixing command typos, can you post
> all this?
>
> 1. dpkg --print-architechture
> 2. dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
> 3. list of enabled repositories (+ architechture)
> 4. dpkg -l | grep wine

I'm sorry to see that Ed moved on to RANT instead of providing basic
information to those of use who were patiently trying to help on a
voluntary basis. Without this information and in particular point
3. noone can help really. Also the act of helping could be made more
pleasant in this thread.

My 2c on the topic boil down to this recommendation, to test if wine32
works on Devuan ASCII: quickly spin up a VirtualBox VM or a Docker (we
do have new docker images easy to use based on Olaf's good base!)

$ docker pull dyne/devuan:ascii

and try to install wine32 there. If it works then there is something
weird in the host setup. When a problem like this escalates to a blame
to our distro or even to Debian packaging, all tests should have be
done on a vanilla ASCII system first, not on your desktop.

At last please note this is not a "development" list nor a bugreport
or ticketing system, but a community discussion list.

thanks all for your patience!

ciao